Tuesday 4 January 2011

Welcome 2011 (Top 10s of 2010)

A new year, a fresh start. I'm going to try and blog as often as I can, I was pretty lazy in the past with this but I've decided to give it a go properly and stick to my 2011 schedule (dun know about my new years resolution schedule) of organising myself and my time more efficiently and productively. It hasn't been a particulaly great start of the year for me to be honest, but I guess thats mostly due to the post festive blues; Yup, we're not lounging around watching pointless television garbage, such as the top 100 Christmas adverts. We're back to the monotony of our regular 9-5's.

Looking back now rather than forward, music from the past year has been phenomenal, with a large handfull of artists yet again pushing the boundaries of newly established hybrids of genres across the board. Seeing as I am starting a new look with this blog, I'll give you the DL on what I plan to write about once a week (hopefully): Hip Hop, House & Dubstep/140bpm (more so the 'post-dubstep', or whatever you want to call it, I'm not so keen on this brostep business thank you). Obviously, it won't be so strict, and I use these genre names to cover a wide variety of different sounds. To give you an idea, I've done a set of top 10's for each (in no particular order):

Funky/House/Garage Tip
1. Machinedrum - Carry The Weight (Bok Bok Remix)
2. Mosca - Gold Bricks, I See You
3. Lone - Once In A While
4. FaltyDL - My Friends Will Always Say
5. Gongon & Bad Autopsy - Magz Remix
6. Ramadanman - Work It
7. Kidkut & Arkist -Vanilla Inmate
8. Jam City - 2 Hot
9. Breach - Fatherless / Doc Daneeka Remix
10. Egyptrixx - Everybody Bleeding (Kingdom Remix)

140ish Tip
1. Sepalcure - Love Pressue
2. James Blake - CMYK
3. Joe - Claptrap
4. Addison Groove - Footcrab
5. Airhead & James Blake - Lock In The Lion
6. Girl Unit - IRL (Bok Bok Remix)
7. Jamie XX & Gil Scott Heron - NY Is Killing Me
8. Throwing Snow - Un Vingt
9. DJG - Bare Hands (Feat. Komodo)
10. James Pants - Diamond Head

Hip Hop-ish Tip
1. Ski Beats, Mos Def & Whosane - Taxi
2. Andreya Triana - Lost Where I Belong (Flying Lotus Remix)
3. Samiyam - Fishsticks
4. Bullion - Crazy Over You
5. Anything by Take
6. Biggie - Suicidal Thoughts (Lorn Remix)
7. KenLo Craqnuques - L'Automne En Amour
8. Onra - Long Distance
9. Mosca - Tilt Shift
10. Flying Lotus - Zodiac Shit

No comments:

Post a Comment